corn & peach (or whatever you want) ceviche recipe
I made this for Vegan Drinks Brooklyn last week and passed out the recipe. You can use pretty much whatever vegetables you have around and it will work.
1 can of full-fat coconut milk
zest and juice of 2 limes
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
sea salt to taste
2 ears of corn
1 medium avocado
1/2 bell pepper
1/2 medium red onion, or a couple of shallots
2 peaches or 1/2 mango
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
hot sauce to taste
1. Whisk all the dressing ingredients together well. Set aside.
2. Using a chef’s knife, remove the corn kernels from the two ears of corn and put in a mixing bowl.
3. Dice the avocado, bell pepper, and peaches or mango and place in the bowl with the corn.
4. Chop the red onion and cilantro finely and add to the other vegetables. Toss to distribute them evenly throughout.
5. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and put in the fridge to chill for a couple of hours. Before serving, toss again to make sure all the ceviche is coated in dressing.
The ceviche can stay in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 days.